Making タコ焼き (takoyaki)

I'd been looking forward to this night for so long and I'd been longing to try Japanese food again. There are so many wonderful and unique dishes in Japan and this night the time had come to takoyaki.

Takoyaki means "fried" (焼き) "octopus" (タコ). We didn't have a takoyaki-maker so we used an æbleskive maker :)
Basically you put octopus and other things like spring onion, cabbage and mochi (not the sweet, sugary kind) inside of a dough. When it's done you put Japanese mayo, okonomiyaki sauce and dried, smoked tuna called katsuobushi.

If you haven't tried it in Japan, you really should! There are some great takoyaki-shops in Osaka where I had my first takoyaki.





0 comments:

Send en kommentar

 

Social media

Find me on social media by clicking the links in the top - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ ^^

Quote

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

About

Welcome to my blog about my life and my interest in Japanese culture. Here you'll find posts about what I do, my inspiration, fun facts, and other things. Enjoy!