3 things from Japan that I never use in Denmark

I bought some things in Japan, that I almost never use here in Denmark. I probably knew that I wouldn't use it, but I did use it in Japan. Here's my list of Japanese things that I never use back home.

Umbrella
Whether you visit Japan in the summer or in the winter, people use umbrellas. But in Denmark, umbrellas are not used that much - even used during rainy days. People simply drive and walk through rain, and a part of me thinks that it is because people don't expect rain and forgets to bring one (or they are too lazy to bring one). But in Japan many people use umbrellas when the sun is shining and when it's raining/snowing. Japanese umbrellas are actually really cool because many of them have a UV-filter, and this is really convenient during the hot summer days.
I still have my umbrella from Japan, but I haven't used it once here in Denmark. I used to walk a lot in Japan, but in Denmark I use my bike to get around town all the time and it would be dangerous to use an umbrella when driving. Luckily I can use my cool umbrella soon again! :)



Mask 
Many Japanese people wear masks - especially in Tokyo. I've tried to ask my Japanese friends about this, and the answer to why they wear these is because they want to avoid bacterias or to protect others from their bacterias. If I were to take the train through Tokyo every day standing next to 100 people, I think I would do the same thing. You can never know what they are carrying around in their systems.
Japan is the only country where I've seen people wear masks when walking outside, so it isn't a normal thing to do in Denmark (I've never seen it here). I'm not sure that I will use a mask when I go back to Japan, but I might do it if I get sick or take long train rides. At some point the masks are kind of cool and masks can actually be fashionable. Check it out here.


Clothes and shoes 
There's actually a lot of clothes and shoes that I don't use here in Denmark. I think that mainstream Japanese fashion style is a lot more 'cute' than the clothes here in Denmark. The colours used in Denmark might be a bit more conservative and less colourful that clothes you find in Japan. 
I bought a lot of cute clothes in Japan and some of it I haven't really used much in Denmark. I also bought some ballerinas and sandals which I haven't used here either. The reason for this might be the difference between the two countries is also the weather. Danish weather is unpredictable and we usually have really cold summer day (sometimes down to around 10 degrees C) and rainy days. The summer days aren't nearly as hot as Japanese spring- and summer days. So I can't really wear my cute summer clothes back home, which is kind of sad. But luckily I will have a chance to wear it again this summer! :D



Did you buy something in another country that you never use in your own country? 
Please like, share or comment if you found this post interesting, thanks 



0 comments:

Send en kommentar

 

Social media

Find me on social media by clicking the links in the top - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ ^^

Quote

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

About

Welcome to my blog about my life and my interest in Japanese culture. Here you'll find posts about what I do, my inspiration, fun facts, and other things. Enjoy!