THOUGHTS

Two years ago (exactly in three days), I sat for the first time in a plane by myself to go with SAS from Copenhagen to Narita airport near Tokyo. It was a scary feeling and yet I was very excited, because I knew that it would be an unforgettable trip.

I had never flown without loved ones before so of course it was quite scary to fly across the earth to the far and distant country of Japan. But it had also been my dream for quite some years. And Japan was not unknown to me - at that time I had studied Japanese language, culture and history for 1,5 year at university and I could speak some Japanese. So it was time to vist the beautiful country. That trip was to become one of the biggest adventures of my life.

I really learned a lot about myself and about Japan on my first trip there. I had amazing experiences and met kind people from around the world, who I am still in contact with. But most importantly I learned new things about myself and what I'm capable of. I really changed in some ways by going on that trip and I did something that had long been my dream. It was also very hard when I first came to Tokyo. The city seemed so big and lonely, and the first week I missed my boyfriend and family so much that I wanted to jump unto the first plane home. But I didn't and I'm glad I didn't do that. For the three following weeks were amazing, and I met up with friends from back home, met people at my hostel who made me feel better, and went to many beautiful places in Japan. So I got the best out of the situation and eventually I began to enjoy Japan instead of missing home.

So I can honestly say that the trip changed me. And I came to love Japan, which is one of the reasons why my blog and YouTube is now called so.

Here I am, two years later, and Japan still makes me very excited. Now I miss everything about Japan - the food, the people, the fashion, the culture. And one of the biggest highlight of the year is my month in Japan every summer. My second time in Japan last summer was just as wonderful as the first time. I traveled with friends, my boyfriend and my brother. Even though Japan doesn't fascinate me in the same degree as my first time there, I loved every minute of the trip. And I'm sure I'll do the same when I go to Japan in a month. Oh, did I mention, that I am excited?

Anyways - in the beginning of this year I bought an airplane ticket to Narita - my third one. I am still very excited to go there, and the humidity doesn't bother me because it's worth it. This year I am going to Japan for more than two months which is double the time I went there for the two other times. Japan still fascinates me a lot and I learn new things every day and try new, delicious food every day. I won't be spending more than a couple of weeks on my own this time - I will stay with my Japanese friend in the beginning of the trip, and later my siblings and my boyfriend will be arriving in Japan. My brother and boyfriend have come to like the country just like me, and I am excited to show them and my sister more of Tokyo this summer.

Japan will always be special to me, but I expect that I in many years will begin to notice more flaws of the country. But for now, this is what I feel. So I can highly recommend a trip to Japan - it will change your life.

// Merete :*




0 comments:

Send en kommentar

 

Social media

Find me on social media by clicking the links in the top - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ ^^

Quote

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

About

Welcome to my blog about my life and my interest in Japanese culture. Here you'll find posts about what I do, my inspiration, fun facts, and other things. Enjoy!