Back from Japan

About two days ago my boyfriend and I came home from Japan. After a whole month without a day without plans, it is kind of nice to relax and take things easy. We haven't made it home to our place in Aarhus yet, but we're staying at my father's place in Kolding before heading home. Here, we are spending time with our families which is quite nice :)

Even though it is nice to be home, we both miss Japan already. The food, the people, the culture - we've experienced and enjoyed it a lot. Traveling to other countries really open your eyes and make you see how different other countries can be from your own. We will come back to Japan soon though, because luckily my boyfriend loved Japan and we still have plans about moving to Japan next summer to live for one year.

But about our trip this year, we had an amazing month where we got to experience Japanese culture in so many ways. My trip this year compared to last year's trip was very different, and I feel that I know Japan a lot better now. Other things and new things have caught my attention, and it was very different to travel alone compared to traveling with others. My Japanese has also improved a lot, but I'm still new with Japanese even though I have been studying for 3 years. It was great to speak Japanese for a whole month, because there aren't as many chances to speak and practice here in Denmark.

I was thrilled to be celebrating my birthday in Japan this year, and I have been wanting to try it. I had an amazing birthday with my boyfriend and friends, and there was no place I would rather be that day. I usually celebrate my birthday with my family which I really like, but it was nice to try something different.

One thing that was very different from last year was my impression of Tokyo. Last year I traveled alone and I felt that Tokyo was too big and too busy. But this year I've come to like Tokyo quite a lot. I still think that areas like Shibuya are too busy and I would like to live somewhere else than there, but Tokyo isn't that bad after all. There are many areas that are more calm and cozy, so we'll probably be living in areas that are less people in. But I really like that city now!

I know I haven't been very good at blogging this month, but as you probably know I have been putting videos up on YouTube every day. So please check them out here if you haven't already! :) I have been really focused on making a video every day, so I apologize if I look tired in some videos :P

That was all for now. I have one month until classes at university start so I'll be making and editing videos for you, and I'll definetly write more blog posts :)
Byeeee :*


0 comments:

Send en kommentar

 

Social media

Find me on social media by clicking the links in the top - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ ^^

Quote

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

About

Welcome to my blog about my life and my interest in Japanese culture. Here you'll find posts about what I do, my inspiration, fun facts, and other things. Enjoy!