5 Japanese dishes that I miss

There's a lot of things that I miss from Japan. And one of them is the super delicious food!
The Japanese kitchen is amazing, and they have so much healthy AND delicious food. I sometimes think it is much better than the fatty food, we have here in the west.

One of my favorite dishes is yakisoba (焼きそば). It is basically fried noodles with cabbage, meat, and other healthy and good stuff. The noodles are fried in a special yakisoba sause. Yum yum yummy! This is so far my favorite Japanese dish!

Cheap and delicious yakisoba from the restaurant Mr. Young Men in Teramachi, Kyoto.

My second favorite Japanese meal must be ramen (ラーメン). This dish is originally Chinese, but came to Japan where it is called ramen. I was introduced to this dish by my Japanese friend here in Denmark, and I've loved it ever since. Luckily it is one of the cheap dishes in Japan, but it is still sooo good! It's noodle soup with an egg, some meat and vegetables.

Ramen at a small ramen shop near Ueno, Tokyo on my second day in Japan.

Another delicious dish is the Japanese curry and rice (カレーライス). It's simply a curry sauce with rice. Normally you can decide what you want on the side.

Curry and rice at a restaurant near Nijo castle in Kyoto. You could decide the spiciness and meat. I chose delicious fried shrimps.

My next favorite you all know - sushi (寿司)! 

Sushi from a sushi place in Shinjuku or Shibuya (don't remember) in Tokyo.

Another Japanese specialty that I could eat right now is takoyaki (たこ焼き). It's a kind of dough with a bit of vegetables and octopus inside. On the top is cheese and some kind of fish, which actually moves. Delicious and fun to try.

Takoyaki from Nanba, Osaka.

Now, these dishes are nothing fancy and can be bought cheap in Japan. But maybe that's why it's so good - delicious food of good quality doesn't cost a fortune in Japan ;)
There are so so many other good dishes in Japan, but these were some of my favorites, that I have to try next year!

0 comments:

Send en kommentar

 

Social media

Find me on social media by clicking the links in the top - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ ^^

Quote

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

About

Welcome to my blog about my life and my interest in Japanese culture. Here you'll find posts about what I do, my inspiration, fun facts, and other things. Enjoy!