I love purikura!

Purikura. One of my favorite things to do in Japan.

Here are a couple of purikura pictures with my Japanese friends:


Purikura (プリクラ) is a Japanese katakana word for the two words "print" and "club" together. Print club in Japanese is "purinto kurabu".

Anyway, it is for me one of the most funny activities to do in Japan, and I find it very Japanese. I have taken so many purikura while I was in Japan. Next time I'm in Japan, I'll make a video to show how to do purikura. You can find many many videos on YouTube, that guides you trough purikura, but when you try it, it is very easy to use.

Purikura is very simple. You go into one of the many boxes, if you can get one (many high school students do purikura and take up a lot of the machines).
Inside the box you stand in front of a green screen with a camera. Then you chose style, skin color, and size of your eyes (like you can see my eyes have become bigger in the second picture). Inside the box, you take pictures, and after the pictures are taken, you go to a different part of the box, where you can decorate and draw on the pictures the way you want. This is the funny part of purikura! :)

You'll see western looking girls outside the boxes and you can make your eyes bigger with purikura. To many Japanese people, a western look is beautiful.

Well, good luck with taking purikura! :D

0 comments:

Send en kommentar

 

Social media

Find me on social media by clicking the links in the top - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ ^^

Quote

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

About

Welcome to my blog about my life and my interest in Japanese culture. Here you'll find posts about what I do, my inspiration, fun facts, and other things. Enjoy!