What to see in Tokyo

Tokyo. When you go to one of the biggest cities in the world, there are certain things, that you have to see in this huge Japanese city. I'm going to tell you about some of the best and most famous attractions in Tokyo. Even though not everyone would agree with me, these are the things that I thought I HAD to see in Tokyo and went to see.

The beautiful view of Tokyo and some of it's many tall buildings

I am probably one of the biggest Disney fans in the world. Disney simply makes everyone more happy! :) So of course I had to go to Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea, since it was Japan + Disney. The entrance fee is quite high because it is Disneyland, but I think you can get different discounts. It was definitely worth all the money even though I went there some of the last days of my trip where the rainy season had just started. Totally worth it! :D

The little mermaid's castle in Tokyo Disney Sea

You can't go to Tokyo without visiting Harajuku Takeshita st. where you'll find shopping streets and people in weird clothes. It was really interesting to see the many different fashion street styles, and while you're there, buy a crêpe at the nearest crêpe shop - they're amazing!

The view of Takeshita st. in Harajuku

Akihabara is Japan's electronic city. If you're a manga/anime fan or likes electronics, this is the palce to go! It looks like any other part of Tokyo to me, but you'll see a lot more maid cafés here than in other place in Tokyo. Definitely worth a visit while you're in Tokyo.

The many tall buildings with big commercials in Akihabara

I didn't see a lot of shrines in Tokyo, but I did see the Asakusa shrine on the second day I was in Japan. There were a lot of people there, and many were high school students. Some students wanted to take my picture, because of my blue eyes and blonde hair - that was kind of weird and funny to try :)

The Asakusa shinto shrine

These pictures show some of the things, that I saw in Tokyo. Frankly Tokyo isn't my favorite city, because it's so huge and people seem so busy. But these are some of the good places in Tokyo. 
Next time I'll go to Japan, it's my plan to visit some of these places again and other places like Roppongi, Tokyo Shy Tree ect. 

Good luck in Tokyo! :)

0 comments:

Send en kommentar

 

Social media

Find me on social media by clicking the links in the top - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ ^^

Quote

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

About

Welcome to my blog about my life and my interest in Japanese culture. Here you'll find posts about what I do, my inspiration, fun facts, and other things. Enjoy!