Japanese candy

While I was in Japan, I took some pictures of all the candy and snacks, that I had there. There were a lot of different kinds, but I tried some of those, that were the least like the candy back in Denmark.
Here are some of my favorites.

Random Japanese kids' candy, that I bought from "Duck Tail" in Teramachi, Kyoto.
I never really found out what all of the pieces were, but it was kind of fun to try. Some of it is similar to candy in Denmark like the gum for example. Not the piece of cheese to the left though - I was kind of afraid to try it, but I guess it's just cheese :P

Mike mochi from Tokyo Disneyland.
Mochi is a kind of Japanese cake made from rice. It tastes kind of chewy to me and is actually really good. Inside there's bean. I bought this in Disneyland, and it is shaped like Mike from Monsters Inc.

Hot chocolate at a maid café in Akihabara. 
I asked the maid to draw "something cute" for me, and she drew a cat with caramel on the cream for me

Vanilla ice cream, chocolate mousse and cream at Japan's most delicious izakaya in Ushiku.
This was one of the most delicious desserts I have every tried! 


Taiyaki (pancake-like dough) with cream, strawberry, chocolate, banana and a pocky. 
Yum yum yum! I bought it at a small stall near Fushimi-Inari.


Giant ice cream bowl in Teramachi, Kyoto with the hostel mates.
It took five people to eat it, and the staff at the restaurant look at us like we were crazy.
This was not bad!

Baskin and Robbins 31, "Happy 4 You" in a cup.
Feeling like a child when I'm eating this - tasty and magical :)

Hello Kitty popcorn vending machine.
It was really funny to try, and it actually pops the popcorn inside the machine.
At Ushiku daibutsu (the big buddha in Ushiku).

Crepe from Harajuku.
Soooo good! This one is with ice cream, strawberries, chocolate and banana.

Strawberry flavored popcorn in Tokyo Disney Sea.
You can also buy with curry, honey, black pepper ect. I chose strawberry :D

0 comments:

Send en kommentar

 

Social media

Find me on social media by clicking the links in the top - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ ^^

Quote

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

About

Welcome to my blog about my life and my interest in Japanese culture. Here you'll find posts about what I do, my inspiration, fun facts, and other things. Enjoy!