Considering to live abroad in Japan

For a couple of months I've been thinking about living abroad someday. Not the next couple of semesters but maybe in 2015 or further out in the future when I've finished my BA. My boyfriend is actually considering going with me even if I would be going to Japan. But there are so many things to consider when moving to another country. I want to live abroad some day and I know I'd regret it if I didn't do it.



We've considered living in UK some day but right now we're primarily talking about living in Japan. My boyfriend will be able to earn more money as a YouTuber if he brings his computer along. I'm super excited that my boyfriend's supporting me and is thinking about going there with me! Of course nothing's settled yet, but we're thinking a lot about it these days.

I've picked up some information about working holiday in Japan and on the website of the Embassy of Japan in Denmark, you can find information about going to Japan on a working holiday visa if you're Danish. It seems like it's no problem for both my boyfriend and I to get the visa and a friend told me that it only took him 3-4 days to get the visa. Japan-guide.com also provides information about living in Japan if you're a foreigner, so I've checked out their page as well. 

Then there's the question of where to live, finding a job and apartment. That will probably be the biggest challenge in Japan because there are so many things to consider. 
About finding a job in Japan I think we will take things slowly and it'll probably be easiest to find the job in Japan. With a working holiday visa it'll only be possible to get part-time jobs, and I'm primarily thinking about teaching English. It'll all very far away now and it's not easy to guess how the job market for foreigners look in more than a year. At Japan Talk I found an article about 14 Jobs in Japan for Foreigners. Without a job it'll be a challenge to pay for rent, medical bills and things that are needed. 
As for finding an apartment, the Canadian blogger and YouTuber Kanadajin3 wrote a post about apartment hunting in Japan. I find her videos very helpful and she recommends and helps with different things in Japan. She recommended the page At Home, which can be used to either sell, rent or buy an apartment (or house). I'm sure I'll be using it if we eventually plan to go there.
Living in Japan is what we would be going there for, but it also comes with different challenges. What seemed to be worrying my boyfriend is that he doesn't speak Japanese and don't know that many people. But I think that if he wants to learn a little Japanese, it won't be a problem. And of course we will get to know people if we go there. Luckily I know many Japanese people who's been living abroad in Denmark, so he'll quickly get to know more people. I'm sure of that :)

There are many challenges when living in a foreign country no matter where you're going, but I'm willing to take a chance and explore life. I know it seems like I've got a lot of things planed out already, but it's not even sure that we're going yet and there's a long time till we would be going. I'm a person who likes to sort things straight and check out options and challenges. Now I know more about these things if we would be going to Japan. I also hope that I helped you guys in case you wanted to know more about these things. :)

Enjoy your sunday ♡ 




 

Social media

Find me on social media by clicking the links in the top - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ ^^

Quote

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

About

Welcome to my blog about my life and my interest in Japanese culture. Here you'll find posts about what I do, my inspiration, fun facts, and other things. Enjoy!