Free Wi-Fi and convenient apps in Japan

This is a short guide for you, who is going to be in Japan for more than a couple of weeks. Even though I could easily live without internet it is very convenient just like some apps are really convenient when staying in Japan.

Last time I was in Japan I experienced that it is really difficult to find internet in Japan. Luckily, different restaurants and shops like Starbucks and McDonalds provide free Wi-Fi. At Starbucks you have to get a log-in ID (it's free).

I just heard about the new NNT East Free Wi-Fi service which means that you now can get 14 days of free wi-fi in Japan at NTT East hot spots! This is only for eastern Honshu (main island) though.
Apparently it's supposed to be really easy and they have around 25 spots in Tokyo. 

Another thing that I wanted to share with you is some convenient Japanese apps.
1. ぐるなび  GURUNAVI
This app is super great if you want to find a place to eat. This app is in English (there's also one in Japanese), so you can search by location, category, price, open hours ect.

2. ( 東京、京都、大阪 ) 地図 (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka) Maps
You can find different free offline maps of the major cities in Japan, and it's mostly up to you which kind of app you'd like to use. 

3. ビューティ HOT PEPPER
If you're a woman and you're planing to go to a spa, beauty salon ect., this is the app for you. With this app you can also search advanced just like GURUNAVI.

4. Hyperdia
Hyperdia is the most convenient app I've ever used in Japan. It gives you the opportunity to find trains ect. at home and check different options regarding trains and so on. If you don't want to download the app, you can also go to Hyperdia.com.

Even though it was short, I hope it was helpful to you. Please let me know if you know any other convenient apps or have comments to these apps! :)



0 comments:

Send en kommentar

 

Social media

Find me on social media by clicking the links in the top - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ ^^

Quote

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

About

Welcome to my blog about my life and my interest in Japanese culture. Here you'll find posts about what I do, my inspiration, fun facts, and other things. Enjoy!